Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tigers re-sign star Trent Cotchin until the end of 2013

Trent Cotchin has signed a new, three-year extension deal with the Club that will bind him to Tigerland at least until the end of 2013.

Cotchin was taken by the Tigers as the second selection overall in the 2007 National Draft but has been hampered by an Achilles injury throughout his first couple of seasons in the AFL and has only played 25 games.

Most Richmond supporters would say this is money well spent and also protects the Tigers from losing Cotchin to the Gold Coast or Greater Western Sydney who will have the cash to throw around.

On Cotchin's fitness he said
"The conditioning staff has been terrific in managing my program and making sure that I got through the pre-season unscathed,”
and
 “I’ve been running pretty well and I’m feeling pretty fit. So, I’m just looking forward to getting the next couple of games under my belt and then, hopefully, hitting Round 1 full of steam with the side and, hopefully, we can have some wins.”

No comments:

Post a Comment