Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Morning Review of Richard vs Geelong in Yea

"Well there you go" is what I said to my friend after Richmond finished off Geelong to the tune of 51 points.
Yes I am well aware that it was only a practice match in Yea of all places and Geelong had about half of their premiership side out but a win over the reigning premiers is still a win.

I attended the game at Yea so I will give my view on the game.

First I would like to say I have not been a huge fan of Troy Taylor because of the bad press and baggage that he has brought to the club but I now see what the Tigers had seen in him. He looks like a natural footballer with a large skill set, that being said he need to work harder on getting his own ball and his defensive pressure.

The best players in the ground were Richard Tambling, Brett Deledio and Trent Cotchin all working in the mid field. This I can report we were all happy to see, if we can get Ben Cousins more involved, Nathan Foley back from injury and introduce rookie Dustin Martin (pictured below) to the fold it really looks like a midfield for the future.
Up forward Nick Riewoldt was the target most of the time and he kicked 4 goals with support from Mitch Morton who kicked 3 and young Nahas who kicked 2. This looks to be the setup for the 2010 season, not sure how it will shape up without big Richo down there, guess we will have to wait and see.

Hardwick was happy with the turnaround from the first week saying “From where we came from two weeks ago, we needed to show a bit more, and it was really pleasing that the team in general played pretty well.” He went onto say “We’ll take some good things out of the game, move on and look forward to NAB Challenge Three.”

Richmond will now take on Collingwood this Friday in a NAB Challenge match at Visy Park at 4pm.

You can see highlights of the Richmond vs Geelong game from Yea at the below link.
http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/246625

No comments:

Post a Comment