Saturday, April 18, 2009

Week 3 in Review

Here is my take on the weeks headlines

1. Richmond Tigers board challenge

RICHMOND faces a board battle this year on top of its on-field and coaching woes.

My Take : Wow there has never a board problem at Richmond before ;-)

2. Tigers stand behind coach Terry Wallace before D-Day game
AT FIRST, Richmond captain Chris Newman appeared to be in denial about the predicament of his footy club and coach. "We're three rounds in. I don't want to get carried away. I think everyone should just take a deep breath and just relax a little bit," Newman said.

My Take : I agree there is no need to lose our heads…. Unless we lose to Melbourne then you will see a stampede at punt road like a boxing day sale at MYER.

3. We're all to blame - Nathan Brown

RICHMOND star Nathan Brown said the Tiger players were behind embattled coach Terry Wallace and equally responsible for the side's poor start to the season. Brown also revealed he feared he would not play again after breaking his leg in 2005.

My Take : I agree again, you are all to blame but let’s not forget the scouting and recruitment departments they are to blame as well.

4. Tiger trio offers a spark of hope

Cousins, Cotchin, and defender Andrew Raines are all likely to play for Coburg in the VFL against Box Hill next week.

My Take : We really need these three back, they are all in the best 22.

5. Richmond v Melbourne

In: Collins, Connors, McMahon, Nahas, Oakley-Nicholls
Out: Jay Schulz, Richard Tambling

My Take : Look we drop one bust (Tambling) for another (Oakley-Nicholls). If Tambling did not play well last week because his mind was on other things (having a baby and lack of sleep) what is his problem this week? I am sure he got some sleep during the week.

6. Nathan Brown turns his hand to fashion

MOVE over Karl Lagerfeld. Fashion-designing footy player Nathan Brown has turned his attention to the girls.

My Take : I get to put a photo of cute girls on my blog and claim it is Richmond related, nice work Brownie.

No comments:

Post a Comment